Landed Off Runway Surface

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Landed Off Runway Surface Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, August 07, 2017 2:34:15 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, August 07, 2017 2:34:15 PM
I am receiving poor scores in FSFS Pro 2016 for P3Dv3 because of 'Landed without a proper approach OR off runway surface'.

Looking at a list of landings it appears to be occurring at airports where I have installed airport scenery, despite running 'Generate runway data for P3D' from FSFS, checking that the P3D folder path is correct.

I ran a test again tonight - generated runways (apparently successfully), flew to EGNO (default airport) and received a good landing score. Then did a similar flight to EGCW (Orbx Welshpool) and got a poor score with the above 'landed off runway' message. With both flights I filed a flight plan, checked it was loaded in FSFS, checked the landing runway was correct in FSFS, was in landing mode with NAV1 OBS set to the runway heading stated in FSFS before descending through 500ft AGL with the runway in front of me.

Any ideas? Is there a way to check if runways have been correctly generated? The MakeRwys.exe in the FSFS folder is version 4.6.7.9 - can I download 4.82 and if so, how should I run it with FSFS?

Thanks for any help.

Post #13064
Posted Tuesday, August 08, 2017 3:19:02 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi jorico:

Firstly, many thanks for the degree of detail in your report. It is one of the clearest I can remember receiving. Full of details and crisply expressed.

>> Is there a way to check if runways have been correctly generated?

You can certainly open up the text files generate and see if the airports concerned are in there and that the data looks about right.

Pete Dowson's Makerwys.exe generates Runways.txt

Then...

...our own FSFSRWYS.EXE generates FSFS2011.TXT (ignore the apparent reference to 2011 - it is irrelevant)

In the most obvious case, the airport involved would be missing from one or both of the files.

Please send the following files to JeffPreston@FSFlyingSchool.com

for the pilot involved. The files are all in the PilotRoster folder of FSFlyingSchool.

.dat
.plt
.htm

Example - if the pilot was called "Sully" then the files would be

Sully.dat
Sully.plt
Sully.htm

I will take a look at them and see which clues lurk there...

>> The MakeRwys.exe in the FSFS folder is version 4.6.7.9 - can I download 4.82 and if so, how should I run it with FSFS?

As different versions of the MakeRwys.exe program produce different data formats in the output files, it is important to use the version that was included with that version of FSFlyingSchool, so it would not be advisable to use a different version.
It might work better, it might work the same and it might cause yet unknown problems and puzzles.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13065
Posted Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:07:39 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, May 20, 2018 6:41:19 AM
You do realize that the MakeRwys.exe in the FSFS folder, version 4.6.7.9, won't read scenery in Prepar3D v4?
Post #13072
Posted Saturday, August 19, 2017 4:32:08 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi GP:

>> You do realize that the MakeRwys.exe in the FSFS folder, version 4.6.7.9, won't read scenery in Prepar3D v4?

I'm not sure what your post is specifically referring to as the post from Jorico reports on an installation of "FSFS Pro 2016 for P3Dv3".

Can you expand on your post a little please?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13074
Posted Monday, August 21, 2017 2:19:49 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, May 20, 2018 6:41:19 AM
Sorry. That's what happens when I pull a 16 hour shift at work and try to read posts. I thought this was for P3D in general. MakeRwys.exe version 4.6.7.9 should be already installed in FSFS if I remember correctly. I was referring to v4, because the same version of MakeRwys is installed with FSFS for P3D v4 and I won't read that scenery. I apologize for the error.
Post #13076
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:19pm