Error: -2147467259 - Unable to play the file on the device.

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Error: -2147467259 - Unable to play the file... Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, June 24, 2016 10:38:08 PM
Hi all,

I have seen this topic in other threads, but thought I would start this one using the error in the title as many other
threads have either died, or have not been resolved, sorry if that was wrong.

I am having problems with FSFS Pro 2016. When connecting to FS, I get a couple of spoken messages (most often
the announcement of the local ATIS freq. although sometimes gets further), and FSFS crashes with the following:

Using other threads I have tried re-inserting an old USB headset, checked all sound card drivers are up to date,
running as Admin, changing to default sound card / specifying a sound card to use etc, to no avail. The sound
config of my pc changes every now and then as it is multi-purpose pc, so a I am probably more interested in a way
to reset FSFS settings without having to reinstall.

A Bit about my system:
FSX Steam Edition
Win 7 Ultimate (x64)
AMD A6-3410MX
6GB

Any help would most appreciated as I look forward to using product

Post #12632
Posted Friday, May 06, 2016 7:28:58 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi:

Glad to help - I am sure we can resolve this.

Some questions:

1. Can you tell me if FSFS has ever run without error on this PC?

2. Have you set the options at the settings screen of FSFS to use voice commands? If so please turn this OFF during our testing.

3. Have you registered FSFS?

4. Please set the sound card to default during testing at the settings screen of FSFS.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12633
Posted Sunday, May 08, 2016 12:33:27 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi,

With regard your questions,

1. FSFS has never run without error on this PC (it is newly installed).

2. Voice commands are switched Off on the settings page.

3. FSFS is fully registered (No detail packs installed).

4. The sound card is set to "Default Sound Card" not "Other: ..."

Post #12634
Posted Thursday, May 12, 2016 4:00:16 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi MrMojoRisin:

This has taken a while as I've been digging for clues - apologies for the delay!

I'd like to ask you to try the following:

1. Please confirm that there is no other sound related software (playing or listening) running at the same time other than the simulator. We assert that FSFlyingSchool will work with the simulator of course, but cannot comment on what may occur if other software is running at the same time. It's always best to quit all programs first before launching the simulator and then finally - once you are in a plane - FSFlyingSchool.

2. Try a different instructor - this will help us identify if a particular file is causing the problem. This is unlikely but needs to be tested.

3. Without 'connecting' FSFS to the simulator, but with the simulator running, try changing the sound card settings in FSFlyingSchool one by one and saving the setting each time - and each time press the "Listen to Instructor" button at the Pilots Screen of FSFS to see if it works at all. It is entirely possible that only one card on the PC will be suitable. Rest assured that in better than 99% of cases, we find the card in the end.

Please let me know how you get on.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12635
Posted Saturday, May 14, 2016 5:17:41 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi,

I have done a few trials to try to help solve this, and found that as far as I can tell, no sound is being produced, or no sound software is running at the same time as FSFS. I did try playing music at the same time for one attempt in which FSFS was still able to play sound files, but did eventually lead to errors, For the rest of these steps, no other sound was being produced outside of FSX / FSFS.

Firstly, I set the sound card option to "Default Sound Card", saved, and exited FSFS. Re-Opened FSFS, and tried each Pilot voice. The first attempt showed the above error for MrSmith, so I closed FSFS again and re-opened. On the second attempt all pilot voices worked, and continued to work when I repeated these steps a few more times.

Next, I manually set the sound card to the only available one in the "Other:" list, and saved the settings. ("IDT High Definition Audio Codec", if you need to know, and the driver reports as being up to date). I then repeated the voice tests, all of which worked fine. Up to this point, I did not have any Sim running.

Now I tried all the above with the Sim running, but without clicking "Connect" in FSFS. First attempt failed to the error, but upon restarting FSFS, all the voices worked, and also worked when I tried again with GSX running and producing sound.

Next, I connected to the Sim and heard the "FSFlying school connecting", and "When connecting please make sure..." messages, and then the error popped up. I tried again, and on the 3rd attempt, FSFS did not crash. Leaving the sim running for a few minutes I then received the message about pausing, and the message regarding checking status, which then crashed FSFS again. Trying this again, I also heard the "advance Flight Mode", and ATIS messages, and after a delay, FSFS crashed again.

Out of curiosity, I tried all the above again with the Default Sound Card Setting, with various results, but there still seems to be no way to force the error, or predict if FSFS will go to error.

Thanks again for your help with this frustrating error.
Post #12637
Posted Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:57:20 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi again:

Thanks for the report - excellent work! It all helps and we will be referring back to it!

One of the main threads of my work in troubleshooting such issues is to look for anything unusual in the pilot's description of the issue and at this point I must ask for a little more information about your report:

"The sound config of my pc changes every now and then as it is multi-purpose pc"

Whenever a pilot reports something unusual about the PC, it can often be a clue to what the problem is. It's simply a case that if the vast majority (by which I mean thousands) of people don't get this error, but it IS occurring on your PC, then there must surely be something different about the PC or indeed about the way in which it is being used.

You've explained that you are not running other sound related software at the same time as FSFS - excellent - this is essential for testing.

But - do you have other, non-standard, sound related software installed on the PC? Such as Skype, Camtasia, WinAmp, Voip, IVONA, Dragon, Vibr, etc?

Please let me know.

Post #12640
Posted Sunday, May 22, 2016 2:55:03 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi,
Indeed I do have Winamp installed, and tests show the same kind of results as above if Winamp is running or not. I do not have Skype or the others you mentioned. And as far as I can tell, no other sound related, except for sound card drivers.
Post #12644
Posted Tuesday, May 24, 2016 7:49:56 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

What a puzzle!

This is not the only course we can pursue but I thought I would ask...

One user reported that after uninstalling Skype this error was solved. Can you uninstall Winamp or is that not convenient? If not convenient then we will have to try another approach.

Post #12648
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:07:00 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 11:28:01 AM
Hi! Just installed FSFS today. Using X-Plane 11 with Steam, have exactly the same error. Not a single run has completed properly and I've tried all your suggestions above to no avail. It doesn't matter which voice I select, it keeps crashing... Can you please help me out? Thanks a lot in advance!
Post #13066
Posted Friday, August 11, 2017 6:02:52 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

Glad to help!

1. Please report, in full, the specific error as shown on the screen in your reply to this message.

2. When exactly does the error occur?

3. Do you have any sound related software on the PC which is not standard software supplied with Windows?

4. Is any sound related software running at the same time?

5. What are the sound settings at the Settings Screen of FSFlyingSchool on your PC?

Post #13067
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:08am