Piotr Lessaer is doing well with Circuits!

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Piotr Lessaer is doing well with Circuits! Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, November 30, 2007 9:32:48 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
New FSFS pilot Piotr Lessaer is moving up the Circuits Table with his score of 85.90 in his FS2004 Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1...

We'd all better keep an eye on this Sim Pilot.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #1080
Posted Thursday, September 03, 2015 9:12:50 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, February 03, 2019 7:55:02 AM
Hi!
After several years I try to learn to fly with FSFlyingSchool again, with my new Cessna N990CP (A2A). FSFS is a great programme! ... But I had encountered small problems:

1. Today when I tried to submit my actual scores I couldn't to register to Score Tables as "Piotr Lessaer". Finally I registered as "Pentuer". I am registered as "Piotr Lessaer" on forum and I have no idea why this name doesn't work on Score Tables. How can I change my name on Score Tables to my old good "Piotr Lessaer"?

2. When I practising circuits on Cessna N990CP (A2A), virtual instructor sugests to make turn to Final just after turn to Base. If I turn (standard 20 degrees bank) follow this instuction it is by far too early and when I heading Take-Off/Final course, RWY is almost 45 degrees on the right. I have no idea why instructor is so impatient (I know - there is a wind 7 Knots, but its too weak). When I ingnore "turn to Final" suggestion and I continue Base Leg for a while and then I turn to Final, I see RWY in front of me after turn and instructor praise me ("very good final turn" or something like this) but in debriefing after landing I can read : "Late on Final - get onto final sooner next time". I fly with add-on scenery but I thing it works good with FSFS - I can score 95 points for landings with this scenery.

FSFlyingSchool Pro 2015 January 6 2015)
Using: FSX
Visibility: 49,71 Miles Wind: 7 Knots

Aircraft: Cessna ID: N990CP Airline: Flight:
Flight plan: TO EPKM Katowice:Muchowiec NAV1:
Failure(s): None at landing
Failure Event(s) (Zulu Time): None
Failure Bonus:0% Flight Duration:00 Hours 06 Mins 32 Secs

Landing Score:95,79

Landing was successful in the following areas:• Good glideslope on visual approach. [50%]

• Good alignment with runway on visual approach. [50%]

• Gentle touchdown. [92 FPM]

• Good landing speed - not too fast. [42 KIAS]

• Wings were level.

• Distance from runway threshold (visual approach): [127 feet]

• Landed on runway surface.

• Glideslope held until flare.

• Good pitch control after touchdown.

• Good pitch at landing. [3 degrees]

• With flaps - good job. [37 degrees]

• Heading aligned with runway.

• Good controlled final descent to touchdown.

• Nicely handled crosswind.

Landing included the following problems:• Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.

Definite room for improvement...

Circuit Score:92,92

Circuit included the following:

• Good Upwind heading.

• Good Upwind altitude.

• Good turn onto Crosswind leg.

• Good Crosswind heading.

• Good Crosswind altitude.

• Good turn onto Downwind leg.

• Good Downwind heading.

• Poor Downwind altitude - maintain 1000 feet AAL.

• Late turn onto Base - turn when circuit reference point is 45 degrees behind you. I turn just after instructor suggests this turn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Good Base heading.

• Good Base altitude.

• Late on Final - get onto final sooner next time. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????

• Banking not too steep.

• Nice handling of that crosswind - tricky during a circuit.

• Landing distance from Circuit reference point:48 feet.

Flight Score:91,39

Flight commended in the following areas:• Smooth turns.

• Nice banking.

• Correct matching of flaps to speeds.

• Comfortable G forces.

• Smooth pitch control.

• Flown within aircraft's maximum speed limit.

• Gentle taxi turns.

• Good take off steering.

• Safe taxi speed.

• Smooth braking during taxi.

• Smooth climb during takeoff.

• Wings level near ground.

• Well coordinated turns.

• No stalls.

• No flying dangerously close to stall speed.

• Smooth comfortable descent rate.

• Pitch not too high.

• Pitch not too low.

• Flaps down on time.

• Approach speed not too fast.

• Low altitude speeds not too fast.

• Good clearance of obstacles.

Flight included the following problems:• Late rotation - when Vr is reached - take off.

Post #12310
Posted Friday, September 04, 2015 4:52:57 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Piotr!

Your name on the scoring tables is linked to the registration code of the version of FSFS you are using, and so, although not ideal, this does mean that with each version of FSFS that is published (usually once a year) you need to create a new account on the scoring tables. This is why you needed to create a new name. It all works very reliably - this is not a fault - but as I said it is not ideal.

You will of course know that if you have add-on scenery you need to generate runway data using FSFS as explained in the manual, otherwise the instructors expect things to be where they are in FSX, not where they are in your added scenery.

Regarding your circuit, firstly, you need to turn onto base before the instructor tells you to.

The manual explains: "If you pass this point, your FSFlyingSchool instructor will remind you to make the turn."

When the instructor tells you to, he/she is effectively telling you that you are late and that you need to turn.

If you are flying the same plane a lot, this can be made a lot easier as you can determine a point on the plane (such as a strut or rivet) at which, when the circuit reference point is level with it, it is time to turn onto base. This will of course additionally depend on the field of vision that the aircraft affords.

Finally... I am indeed puzzled by why the instructor would tell you to turn onto final so soon, if you are flying a good downwind and base leg - which we can see you ARE from your log book.

As you can imagine, if the pilot's control was very poor and the turn to base came after a downwind course which had been incorrectly edging toward the runway, then the base leg would be very short, but that does not appear to be the case with your flight.

Regardless... we have an excellent tool at our disposal! Can you please submit your flights using the flight mapping feature of FSFS and simply send me the URL of the flight map so I can look at it? The URL is the web address line of text shown in your browser when you are looking at the map itself on Google.

As you would expect, I need the log book text and map of a flight in which you encountered a problem with FSFS, of course. If all goes well with the flight then I don't need to see it.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12312
Posted Friday, September 11, 2015 3:41:21 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

I'm still practising circuits over EPKM aerodrome (default fsx scenery), with calm weather. My Cessna 172 A2A is placed on RWY 23 when simulation starts and... when I check fsx map hdg = 226 so... I think I should set NAV1 OBS = 226 but... when I load flight plan (from EPKM to EPKM RWY 23) I can read in FSFS flight plan menu RWY 23 hdg = 227 so... I think I should set NAV1 OBS = 227. I'm trying to fly with both settings again and again but Mr. Smith is saying: "Let's turn on Final" when Aerodrome is 45 degrees on the left when I'm on Base Leg. I will make movie and printscreens very soon. EPKM RWY 23 - NAV1 OBS 226 or 227???

I have a book "The Art and Science of Better Landings" by Russel Still and I try to fly how this book says but Mr. Smith isn't impressed.
Post #12351
Posted Saturday, September 12, 2015 2:10:37 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

I just published screenshots on your facebook wich show problems that I described im my recent posts on forum. I'm still working on video but I encoutered technical problems :/
Post #12352
Posted Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:50:53 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

Can you please submit your flights using the flight mapping feature of FSFS and simply send me the URL of the flight map so I can look at it? The URL is the web address line of text shown in your browser when you are looking at the map itself on Google.

As you would expect, I need the log book text and map of a flight in which you encountered a problem with FSFS, of course. If all goes well with the flight then I don't need to see it.

Post #12357
Posted Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:12:41 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

My recent flight:

Route map link - http://www.fsflyingschool.com/map.asp?id={5946AB80-202E-4C86-A8E1-7B98A8E49EEE}

I've published video with this flight on my facebook ("Piotr Lessaer" or "gitarafan") https://www.facebook.com/piotr.lessaer

I've published video with this flight on my YouTube "gitarafan" channel - "Let's turn onto final - problem" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rpTNmKiWz4

Post #12360
Posted Sunday, September 13, 2015 5:11:23 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

Many thanks for the excellent information you've provided.

I can see that the turn onto base is after the moment when the start of the runway, which I imagine you used as your circuit reference point, is 45 degrees behind you, so that explains what the instructor said.

But - I can also see in the movie that you are already on final when the instructor asks you to turn onto final.

It is possible that there is something unique about this aircraft, so... if you have the time, could you try the same thing again in a different aircraft? The best thing to use for the test would be the c172 that comes with FSX as we'd need to see if there is something about the A2A version that is slightly different. Please select an aircraft that comes with FSX, that is, one published by Microsoft.

As you can imagine, this is not a general problem with FSFS - the circuit logic in the program has been in use for almost 10 years and this is not a commonly reported issue.

Please let me know how you get on.

Post #12363
Posted Sunday, January 20, 2019 3:50:59 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi!
After several years I fly FSX with FSF again. I usually fly A2A Cessna 172 with FSF and it works great! But... because I'm interested in aviation history, I like vintage aircrafts and because I'm a glider pilot in real life, I like to use FSF to train visual approaches. I want to fly FSX vintage planes, for example: RWD-8 (it's polish pre-ww2 era trainer) or famous Tiger Moth. And here is a problem: theese planes have no NAV1 OBS! Is it possible to fly this kind of planes and train landings and circuits with FSF instructor? Regards from Poland!

Piotr Lessaer piloting RWD 8 sp zhp ended 21 styczeń 2019 at 00:10
FSFlyingSchool Pro 2019 (December 13 2018)
Using: FSX
Visibility: 62,14 Miles Wind: 0 Knots

Aircraft: PWS ID: SP-ZHP Airline: Flight:
Flight plan: EGBM TO EGBM Tatenhill:Tatenhill NAV1: ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (there is no ILS at this airfield)
Failure(s): None at landing
Failure Event(s) (Zulu Time): None
Failure Bonus:0% Flight Duration:00 Hours 10 Mins 46 Secs

Landing Score:41,10

Landing was successful in the following areas:
Good glideslope on visual approach. [90%]
Good alignment with runway on visual approach. [100%]
Gentle touchdown. [89 FPM]
Good landing speed - not too fast. [30 KIAS]
Wings were level.
Distance from runway threshold (visual approach): [301 feet]
Glideslope held until flare.
Good pitch control after touchdown.
Good pitch at landing. [14 degrees]
Heading aligned with runway.
Throttle(s) idle.
Good controlled final descent to touchdown.
Good steering after landing.

Landing included the following problems:
Landed without a proper approach OR off runway surface. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (landing was nearly perfect on numbers)

Flight Score:91,64

Flight commended in the following areas:
Smooth turns.
Nice banking.
Comfortable G forces.
Smooth pitch control.
Flown within aircraft's maximum speed limit.
Gentle taxi turns.
Good take off steering.
Safe taxi speed.
Smooth braking during taxi.
Smooth climb during takeoff.
Wings level near ground.
Well coordinated turns.
No stalls.
No flying dangerously close to stall speed.
Smooth comfortable descent rate.
Pitch not too high.
Pitch not too low.
Approach speed not too fast.
Good clearance of obstacles.

Flight included the following problems:
Late rotation - when Vr is reached - take off.
Excessive speed at low altitude - several complaints have been filed.
Post #13716
Posted Monday, January 21, 2019 3:52:10 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Piotr:

There should be no problems if the plane has no NAV1 OBS.

The report of

"Landed without a proper approach OR off runway surface"

is, considering all the other data in your report, most likely to have been caused by the plane not being lined up with the runway and in LANDING mode when it descended through 500 feet AGL.

When this is done correctly, the instructor will say "We're landing at..." and name the runway.

If this is not done, the instructor will tell you that he/she does not know which runway you are landing at.

The key is to be:

1) In LANDING mode

and

2) Lined up with the runway

when you descend through 500 feet AGL.

Post #13717
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:13am