WATG

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

WATG Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, January 02, 2010 8:46:57 PM
FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:11:34 AM
Gentlemen... and pilots,

In setting up m'flightplan for leg 45 of the tour, I've noticed something odd to me.  No, not liquid soap; rather according to the FSX database, the lone strip for WATG appears to be neigh on to 1.7 nm away from the airport reference point.

In this screen, my Skyhawk is perched at the end of runway 27, and the great purple blob up in the hills to my north is the "airport" where my flight plan says I should go.

Can anyone with FSX confirm this is what you see, or should I suspect a goofed up BGL for the airport?  I don't want to hear Smitty giving me a broken-record "you're not lined up with the runway" or, telling me that I missed a waypoint.

Ta,

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #6539
Posted Sunday, January 03, 2010 1:32:14 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Same thing on my system......

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post Attachments 
watg-27.JPG (34 views, 66.77 KB)

Post #6540
Posted Sunday, January 03, 2010 2:40:46 AM

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
.It looks like Indonesia is not too tourest friendly, what with hiding airports in the hills and deciding to change all their airport ICAO 4 letter idents shortly after 2004

All adds to the challenge I suppose, Personally I am maxed out dodging all these pepper pot hills

Biggles

Ps: I have the answer. There was a mud slide at Satartacik last year. Departures are now located to the south of Arrivals

Post #6541
Posted Sunday, January 03, 2010 6:33:31 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, October 24, 2021 5:23:00 AM
At last, one up for fs2004, although the ICAO is the old one WRKG.

Good luck,

Big Moose

Post #6542
Posted Sunday, January 03, 2010 7:53:13 AM

Last Login: Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:11:34 AM
Thanks all.  Team F will roll out at dawn in the islands.  We'll fly over the ARP to make Smitty's waypoint count happy and then land somewhere near the asphalt strip.

"Mudslides" - me like.

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #6543
Posted Sunday, January 03, 2010 9:41:29 AM

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
. Now what did your flight instructor tell you about flying with old out of date charts. The newer ones have the latest ICAO idents and also. because of the increasing cost of producing charts they have taken to accepting adverts in a small block on the back of the charts.

"Fast Joe's Air Taxi,"  the ad said. It continued "Dinner Special -- Lobster and Red Snapper with fries served inflight every trip."

Now this looks too good an opportunity to miss, thinks I.  "Hey Joe how much to Sumbawa Besar and return, Lobster on the way out & Red Snapper on the return?"

A bit grubby but no worries sport. Thinks of the Red Snapper  "Come on Joe, I'm hungry"

A hungry Biggles

Post #6544
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:57am