BEANZ WITH RED SAUCE

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

BEANZ WITH RED SAUCE Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, December 05, 2009 5:06:25 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM

Tour: Beanz with Red Sauce

Flight Plan

AYDU

WP1    NDB    356.0     HID    205/105nm

WP2    VOR   112.80    WP    184/126nm

YBSG                                      069/10nm

Report:

After a hard nights partying Smithy was a wee bitty reluctant to get out of bed. So I resorted to the old trick of the plastic snake on the pillow. Worked a treat!

The “Dirty Roo” had been pre flighted, but as you can see the replacement flaps following the wheels up landing had still not been painted. That the last time I let Smithy take her up!

Anyway we kicked the tyres, lit the fires, and rolled.

Tuned the ADF to 356.0. No signal yet, oh well we are 200nm away.

“What that you say Smithy -  205 deg.?”

“Roger dot bot, course set!”                  

Better duck down to get under these clouds

That’s better!

Ah, the NDB has kicked in. 201 deg. “Not bad Smithy –Now try to stay awake dear boy”

45 minutes pass.

That look like WP1 up  ahead.

“Now listen up Smithy. If we fly on a reciprocal heading of 182deg. from “HID”  we should bump into that large airport at Weipa where we turn left & after about 5 minutes, with any luck, we should see Scherger, our destination?”

Five minutes pass, then Smithy nudges me.

“If we set Nav 1 to 112.80 we can use it to home onto the VOR at Weipa”

“What a good idea Smithy, 112.8 it is then”

Weipa arrived, we turned left & sooner than it takes to find a roo in the bush, there was our destination SCHERGER YBSG

Gee these Aussie's have big carports. Handy for the "Dirty Roo" though!

"Come on Smithy lets find the bar. I'll let you buy me a Guinness!"

Next leg YBSG to YKOW with the odd diversion thrown in.

"I wonder if I can set a trap for Fenric, hhmmmm now let me see.........."

Biggles

Post #6231
Posted Sunday, December 06, 2009 12:13:18 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

.BEANZ WITH RED SAUCE  Leg 2 

Flight Plan

•  YBSG Scherger   RAAF Base
  •  WP1    Wallaby Is
  •  YWNI Wathanin
  •  
  • WP2    North tip of large lake
  •  Kencherang Camp
  •  Ti Tree Outstation
  •  WP3  Poonko
  •  Toby’s Yard
  •  YPMP
  •  Rutland Plain
  •  YKOW

Well after saying goodbye to the Aussie Air Force blokes I took off in  Bob’s Cub & settled back for the climb to 1500ft.

After what seemed like an age I levelled off & the speed slowly increased to an IAS of 70MPH (none of this Knots stuff)

Got the map out, checked WP1, a prominent tip on the northern edge of some unknown bay.

Gee that was easy to find, remembering what my old FI used to say about choosing WP’s.

“If they don’t stand out like a dogs b####ck find another”

Anyway, first stop Wathanin

A bit dusty but wide enough & long enough, what you say Sheila?  

“Oh did I forget to introduce you?” Biggles thumps Sheila on the shoulder  “Say hello Sheila”

“Hello Sheila” she responds.

A Sheila with a sense of humour, whatever next!

Wing walking anyone?

Biggles

Post #6256
Posted Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:55:56 AM

;.Tour: Beanz with Red Sauce.   Leg 2  cont.

So it's Wathanin to Kencherang Camp, expect it's another dust bowl. I'm getting the hang of this DR navigation, not got lost yet  

Kencherang Camp. Not much her to write home about.

“Overshooting, full power, flaps up Flaps?”

After some more steely eyed navigation arrived overhead Ti Trees Out Station.

"That looks like Ti Trees there" chirped Biggles to no one in particular having left Sheila behind at the last stop.

Taxiid in after a perfect 3 pointer when suddenly a dust storm approached. "Where did that come from?????"

"Hooold Tiiiight"!!!

Looks a bit like a dumping ground here. "Poor old Dak---hope it's not am omen"

I'm off to find a cold tinney

Hooroo for now

Biggles

Post #6327
Posted Saturday, December 12, 2009 10:37:55 AM

.Leg 2 cont.

Another day another dawn.....or is it Mary, Sheila or Helga a quick hop to Poonko where I’ll drop Sheila off. WP 3 just south of the river near the coast & then hang a left to Toby’s Yard                                                     

X

Looks like quite a big strip                                                                       and a proper hangar

Toby has promised us a fare dinkum barbie so lets see what he has in store.

What no roo & snags?

After spending a night listening to songs by Kevin B#### W##### & the mating calls of the Kookaburra I rose at dawn to see if I could blag some gas from my host Toby.

No worries, a true Aussie is Toby. “What’s mine is yours mate---------a few dollars to keep the tinnie box full  would be bonzer!”

Can’t argue with that, I thought.

Next stop??!!!.  

Where the hell are we going next? 

Back to the drawing boards – Got it, Pormpuraaw YPMP, on the coast.

Great, no buggering about , get airborne, 260 degrees until we hit the coast, turn left & follow the coast until we see a large airfield, land, attend to the four S’s & then the last leg to YKOW Kowanyama just south of the Mitchell River.

So far so good

Now just need to put her down

Crikey I must have been p###ed when I took off. I wondered why Toby was covered in blue paint. Anyway eventually arrived at Kowanyama in one piece. Where my bed, I'm bushed.

Tomorrow its YKOW to YNTN via Inkerman & Sweers Island

Biggles

Post #6367
Posted Sunday, December 20, 2009 1:51:54 AM

.Leg 3.  YKOW to YNTN via Ryutland Plains, Inkerman & Sweers Island.

Another sun filled day in the land of Oz. Thats me departing YKOW                      And joining at Rutland Plains

I think thats my passenger sitting in the ute

Inkerman in one piece - but the Cubbies gone crook!

Post #6429
Posted Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:44:10 AM

.Leg 3 cont.

Up with the birds for a hop across the water to Sweers Island courtesy of FTX.   Decided to fly south down the coast in order to minimise the time over the Gulf of Carpentaria. Don't want to fill in my appliacation to join the Goldfish Club before I have to.  http://www.thegoldfishclub.co.uk/

Sweers island, population 2.

Finals YNTN

Back on dry land and the end of another leg. Looks like it must be a holiday, they have the flags out.

Think I'll see what the boofheads have to offer by way of hospitality. A coldie and a chook sarnie would be bonzer.

Next leg is Normanton to Tennant Creek via Croydon, a mining town. More stick & bubblegum flying with compass & watch navigation. Bonzer!!

Biggles

Post #6430
Posted Sunday, December 20, 2009 11:45:33 AM

Last Login: Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:11:34 AM
Biggles,

I'll have to take a unrushed trip past these fields sometime next year after I've been beaten to Singapore.  Love the entire atmosphere in these parts.

Btw, is it my imagination or are your passenger's wrists strapped down?  Mind you if they are, I'm confident it was done entirely for her own safety so she couldn't fall out of your craft's embrace.

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #6434
Posted Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:29:34 AM

Fenric (12/20/2009)
Biggles,

I'll have to take a unrushed trip past these fields sometime next year after I've been beaten to Singapore.  Love the entire atmosphere in these parts.

I agree! Especially navigating to fields not recognised by FSX. Having to go back to basics, plotting your course using Google Earth ruler & protractor then converting the distance into a timed leg. Now thats the proper way to navigate

Btw, is it my imagination or are your passenger's wrists strapped down?  Thanks for the heads up.

Must be getting careless leaving the evidence on display - --- she is a bit of an

exhibitionist  though

Mind you if they are, I'm confident it was done entirely for her own safety so she couldn't fall out of your craft's embrace.

Biggles

Post #6451
Posted Saturday, December 26, 2009 2:10:53 AM

That's the flight plan, todays jaunt is the white bit, Borroloola YBRL to Groote Eylandt YGTE, then off to Balma YGTE a little dirt strip in the bush. Got a cracking WP just before we coast in. Stands out like a dogs b###ock, as they say, then just  a short 5 minutes on a heading of 292 degrees & Balma should appear under the port wing, if it doesn't I think we are in deep doodoo.

Groote Eylandt. I wonder who the first settlers were? Dutch probably?           Well equipt hangar, what?

Very short finals at Balma.  A grass strip----makes a change from dirt. I just love flying in Australia, courtesy of FTX ORBx and OZx.

Quick refuel then of to Gurrumurru YGUM

Biggles

Post #6481
Posted Sunday, December 27, 2009 10:34:07 AM

YGUM Gurrumurru

Finals Dum in Mirrie Island

long hop down to Batchelor. Fill up with gas then onto the final stop at Troughton Is YTTI & finally farewell Oz.     I  shall  return!!!

Biggles

Post #6482
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:42am