World Wide Tour - Destinations

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

World Wide Tour - Destinations Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:36:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Ole:

Boy - you do stay up late...!

When you are ready - let me know when you are 'officially' ready to request a set of landing and location voice files from MrSmith and I will have a word with the guy and get him back into the lavish sound studio we have here at our Sinister Lab...

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #1657
Posted Saturday, July 26, 2008 6:15:53 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Joe: Listen up!

One important thing. When you make your own NON-ILS files. you must use the lat/long coordinates in FlightSimulator. Do NOT use real world lat/long coordinates. They differ from the ones in FlightSimulator, and you cannot get coordinates that are accurate enough for the NON-ILS files in FSFlyingSchool, so If you use real world info, Mr.Smith will think you are landing like Stevie Wonder, and rate you accordingly.

You use Slew mode, place the plane exactly where you want to land (on the numbers) facing exact runway heading, and read the lat/long coordinates written in red text in the top-left corner of your screen (You know this of course, but there might be others who don´t so I just want to be precise)

Slew to the other end of the runway, and make one for that runway heading too, (ai Runway 06 and 24) that way you are ready for every encounter.

On page 23 in the FSFlyingSchool manual, it is clearly written how to (very easy) make the NON-ILS file.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1659
Posted Saturday, July 26, 2008 10:36:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
oleandreasen (7/26/2008)
Joe: Listen up!

One important thing. When you make your own NON-ILS files. you must use the lat/long coordinates in FlightSimulator. Do NOT use real world lat/long coordinates. They differ from the ones in FlightSimulator, and you cannot get coordinates that are accurate enough for the NON-ILS files in FSFlyingSchool, so If you use real world info, Mr.Smith will think you are landing like Stevie Wonder, and rate you accordingly.

You use Slew mode, place the plane exactly where you want to land (on the numbers) facing exact runway heading, and read the lat/long coordinates written in red text in the top-left corner of your screen (You know this of course, but there might be others who don´t so I just want to be precise)

Slew to the other end of the runway, and make one for that runway heading too, (ai Runway 06 and 24) that way you are ready for every encounter.

On page 23 in the FSFlyingSchool manual, it is clearly written how to (very easy) make the NON-ILS file.

My ears are perked and ready for knowledge...

I was also going to suggest you can also do a Shift-Z, and it will put your coordinates up in the corner just like slewing plus a bunch of other helpful readings.  Then if you press Shift-Z again, you'll get your frame rates and a couple other things.  I use this all the time when I fly.  I was going to mention this to SL that this might be another option for figuring out your lat's and long's to add to "THE MANUAL"

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #1660
Posted Saturday, July 26, 2008 10:45:44 AM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
[b]JoeMini

I was also going to suggest you can also do a Shift-Z, and it will put your coordinates up in the corner just like slewing plus a bunch of other helpful readings. Then if you press Shift-Z again, you'll get your frame rates and a couple other things. I use this all the time when I fly. I was going to mention this to SL that this might be another option for figuring out your lat's and long's to add to "THE MANUAL".

Yes, but you get it automatically when you slew (Press Y)

I fly with shift-z (three times) all the time also, just too bad that the text sometimes blend with the FSFS text. Cannot be altered though, because of the FSUIPC, that controls the text.

But I live with it.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1661
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:47pm