Carenado Baron 58 w/ REP on Xplane 11 has wrong flap settings and I cannot change them

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Carenado Baron 58 w/ REP on Xplane 11 has... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, January 29, 2020 5:50:53 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, January 31, 2020 8:31:35 PM
Running Xplane 11 on windows 10 using Carenado B58 Baron with REP plugin. The flaps should have a max speed of 152 ias at 15 degrees of flaps. Instead its set to 12. I've tried following your instrustions on creating an fsu file to correct this. It doesn't work. I see you mention the availability of a "txt file" that you have for x-plane users, but I've been unable to locate it. I've also seen you guys mention that you will update your fsr files or create new ones when necessary, but there was again no link provided in said post and I've been unable to locate such things. Please advise.
Post #13902
Posted Thursday, January 30, 2020 1:36:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi bigntazet:

Glad to help!

>> Running Xplane 11 on windows 10 using Carenado B58 Baron with REP plugin.

I think you are describing a situation where you are also using our software. What is its name and version number?

>> The flaps should have a max speed of 152 ias at 15 degrees of flaps. Instead its set to 12.

What is set to 12? The flap speed or the degrees?

You've found a setting of 12 - can you tell me where have you found the setting of 12?

First flap setting is 12 degrees in the FSR files we supply for the Baron, but the pilot can fly with a different file if desired.

>> I've tried following your instrustions on creating an fsu file to correct this. It doesn't work.

What is it that doesn't work? Can you describe what fails and how this failure occurs?

>> I see you mention the availability of a "txt file" that you have for x-plane users, but I've been unable to locate it.

Can you let me know where this is described? Our manuals and literature contain many references and I need to be sure.

>> I've also seen you guys mention that you will update your fsr files or create new ones when necessary, but there was again no link provided in said post and I've been unable to locate such things. Please advise.

We certainly alter and add FSR files when we publish new versions of FSFlyingSchool. Can you give me the location of the post so I can resolve this for you?

Finally to save time:

1. If you are using FSFlyingSchool 2020 for X-Plane 11 and 10 then the values will be detected automatically for you. You can change them at the aircraft screen if you wish.

2. If you are using FSFlyingSchool 2019 (or earlier) for X-Plane 11 and 10 then you can rename the Baron FSR files in the FSFlyingSchool aircraft folder so they will not be read by FSFlyingSchool and create an FSU file with the values you want in it so you can fly with those instead.

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any questions.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13903
Posted Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:08:35 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi bigntazet:

Glad to help!

>> Running Xplane 11 on windows 10 using Carenado B58 Baron with REP plugin.

>>I think you are describing a situation where you are also using our software. What is its name and version number?

Sorry, I'm using FS Flight School 2020. I was not aware of any other software this support forum addressed at the time of posting. I do not easily find a version number referenced. But the credits tab says it's FSFS2020 for Xplane 10 & 11 dated December 19 2019.

>> The flaps should have a max speed of 152 ias at 15 degrees of flaps. Instead its set to 12.

>>What is set to 12? The flap speed or the degrees?

>>You've found a setting of 12 - can you tell me where have you found the setting of 12?

I have uploaded a screenshot of the Aircraft tab which contains such information. The Carenado Baron 58 does not have a 12 degree flap setting. The first notch of flaps extends them to 15 degrees, for which the max airspeed is 152. Because your software is set to 12 it triggers a negative mark for extending flaps overspeed regardless of what speed you are going when you extend the first notch.

>>First flap setting is 12 degrees in the FSR files we supply for the Baron, but the pilot can fly with a different file if desired.

This is the process that does not work that you are asking me to describe below. Specifically pages 28, and 46-49 of the user manual for your software. This process does not work for me for some reason. As soon as I connect back to the simulator, it switches to FSFS2020 defined data and greys out my option to select user data or change any settings. I have created FSU files and tried to locate updated FSR files as mentioned in the manual, with no luck.

>> I've tried following your instrustions on creating an fsu file to correct this. It doesn't work.

See above.

>> I see you mention the availability of a "txt file" that you have for x-plane users, but I've been unable to locate it.

>>Can you let me know where this is described? Our manuals and literature contain many references and I need to be sure.

I've uploaded a screenshot of the post. I've since come to believe you were directing them to the xpyourplanefilenamehere.fsu file that is in the Aircraft folder.

>> I've also seen you guys mention that you will update your fsr files or create new ones when necessary, but there was again no link provided in said post and I've been unable to locate such things. Please advise.

>>We certainly alter and add FSR files when we publish new versions of FSFlyingSchool. Can you give me the location of the post so I can resolve this for you?

I've uploaded a screen shot. This is also from your manual. Specifically page 49. It says you provide access to updated and corrected fsr files and fsu files on your website. I read that to mean there was a resource to see if a particular plane had updated files available.

>>Finally to save time:

>>1. If you are using FSFlyingSchool 2020 for X-Plane 11 and 10 then the values will be detected automatically for you. You can change them at the aircraft screen if you wish.

This is the very thing I am having issues with. Everything is greyed out when I connect to the simulator. The first flap setting always reverts back to 12 once I connect to the sim. Saving the user defined settings on the Aircraft tab creates an fsu file with the same name as the aircraft as it is named in the Xplane files, then I connect to the sim again so the software can see the new aircraft file. But when I connect it continues to read the original aircraft file even after this process has been followed.
Post #13910
Posted Friday, January 31, 2020 9:24:07 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi bigntazet:

Thanks for the detailed information - this helps a lot.

This is puzzling but I think a quick solution for you will be to rename any Baron files in the aircraft folder of FSFlyingSchool to a different file extension name, such as .FSZ instead of .FSR which will mean that FSFlyingSchool cannot find the file when the pilot 'connects' in FSFlyingSchool.

FSFlyingSchool 2020 will then simply read the data it needs from X-Plane, automatically, when you press CONNECT.

If you want to adjust any of the values, disconnect FSFlyingSchool and then make your changes at the aircraft screen and finally save them.

Please let me know how you get on.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13915
Posted Friday, January 31, 2020 8:31:36 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Doesn't work when I try to create a new fsu. For some reason the program never recognizes the fsu file. If I remove or change all the baron file types so there is only the fsu file, the software reverts to "unknown" settings and guesses everything. Not sure what's happening. So what I did was narrow it down to which fsr file the software was using for my particular Baron 58 and then modified that file. It appears to be picking up the change when I do that.
Post #13917
Posted Saturday, February 01, 2020 1:36:45 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Excellent result.

Have a great weekend of flights!

Post #13922
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:09am