Runup not recognized

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Runup not recognized Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, February 18, 2019 10:07:38 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, February 24, 2019 12:40:09 AM
Dear Jeff,
I'm using X-Plane 11.32r2 at Windows 10: With the C-172 with REP kit the runup-check isn't recognized by FSFlyingSchool, with the stock C-172 FSFlyingSchool works correctly. When I use the autostart procedure, the fuelpump is only shortly engaged before enginestart and the mixture is full lean, which demands FSFlyingSchool. Is that correct? SSometimesFSFlyingschool advances the flightmode automatically although I ticked it off in Pilots screen
Thanks for the great FlyingSchool, I would wish more defined lessons like in FSX to learn flying from stock, but circuit training is a good improvement. Please give us a .fsr for the FF-A320 Ultimate.

Nils
Post #13732
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2019 3:14:51 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi Nils:

Thanks for your interest in FSFlyingSchool!

>> I'm using X-Plane 11.32r2 at Windows 10: With the C-172 with REP kit the runup-check isn't recognized by FSFlyingSchool, with the stock C-172 FSFlyingSchool works correctly.

We try to make FSFlyingSchool as compatible as possible with as many aircraft as possible and sometimes, because the different publishers of the planes simulate things differently (in X-Plane internal workings) this means that while we can avoid things that would make the plane unusable - such as an instructor asking for something that cannot be done - we occasionally have to leave out things that cannot be read by FSFlyingSchool and the run-up in the the REP c172 is one of these.

>> When I use the autostart procedure, the fuelpump is only shortly engaged before enginestart and the mixture is full lean, which demands FSFlyingSchool. Is that correct?

I am not sure what you mean when you write "which demands FSFlyingSchool". Can you explain please?

>> Sometimes FSFlyingschool advances the flightmode automatically although I ticked it off in Pilots screen

This will happen if you taxi so fast that the instructor has no other choice than to conclude you are about to take off.

>> Thanks for the great FlyingSchool

Thank you for saying so! It's great to get encouraging feedback from a user!

>> I would wish more defined lessons like in FSX to learn flying from stock, but circuit training is a good improvement.

Yes the circuit training is detailed and tough. For some folks it is too tough - I am glad to read that you are finding it useful.

>> Please give us a .fsr for the FF-A320 Ultimate.

We hope to be able to support some of the Airbus fleet automatically soon - we will of course let everyone know in our mailers, on our website and here.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13733
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2019 10:43:19 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, February 24, 2019 12:40:09 AM
Dear Jeff,
thanks for the fast reply. I'm not a native english speaker, sorry for my misleading post. I wanted to say FSFlyingSchool says "Mixture to full on enginestart" and "Fuelpump on on enginestart" when I use the autostart procedure by the REP. In the purchase screen it is said "- Cessna 172 (Supplied with X-Plane 11 + 10) + Simcoders REP (Detailed treatment!)", so I expected no errors. Its a bit annoying when I say "Next checklist" and I will aalwayshear instructions for run-up check, even on runway before takeoff. Apart from this I'm quite happy with FSFlyingSchool and still learning a lot of pilots information.

Thank you
Nils
Post #13734
Posted Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:52:51 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi Nils:

Thanks for your explanation. I do see what you mean - it is not good that the checklists are (at that specific moment) out of sequence because the instructor has not noticed that the pilot has performed the run-up in the REP c172.

Since Monday, when you mentioned it, we've been looking at the run-up with the REP c172 to see what can be done.

With the REP, the usual data (which specifically relates to the run-up) is not available to us and we've tried a number of methods to detect it, but I will see what can be done about this and see if we can come up with a solution to be published as a free update of the product.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13735
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:24am