Instructor Stuck on "Let's Set Flaps..."

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Instructor Stuck on "Let's Set Flaps..." Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, July 08, 2018 1:25:32 PM
The instructor gives directions and responds to my inputs, however, when he says to set full flaps and retract them to check their functionality, it doesn't recognize my setting full flaps and retracting them. The instructor keeps repeating the instructions to set flaps and retract them.

I am running X-Plane 11 Ver. 11.21 (64-bit)
Post #13416
Posted Monday, July 09, 2018 3:09:26 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi - there are two possibilities, the first is that this particular plane has flaps which are not being detected as fully extended and fully retracted, or that the equipment you may have added onto the PC to raise and lower flaps is acting in some unusual way.

It is much more likely that the problem is related to the specific plane.

Which plane are you using?

Can you tell me it's publisher and version number?

Please try the same test with the c172 included with XP if you have not yet as a test and let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13417
Posted Friday, August 10, 2018 10:34:53 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Thursday, December 30, 2021 10:09:53 PM
I now have this exact same issue in P3D v4.3 with the A2A C182 Skyline. Using the actual on-screen cockpit lever I get the same results, so it's not the hardware. Same goes for the rudder, instructor never acknowledges I've tested the rudder and mentions it later in the the flight that I need to remember to do so. Ailerons and elevators are recognized. I'm hoping an update will fix this.

I just tried using the default Carenado A36 Bonanza (no default 172 in P3D v4) and the elevators, rudders, and flaps were all unrecognized. Only ailerons were recognized.

I have NEVER been able to get rudders to work consistently (this is probably my 3rd or 4th version I've purchased). Sometimes they work sometimes they don't... now it seems they consistently do not work. The flaps issue is a new issue.

Using FSFlyingSchool Pro 2018 for P3dv4
Post #13459
Posted Saturday, August 11, 2018 10:33:02 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi gfxdsnr427:

We are looking at this now.

Please check the following when you have a moment - the rudder check will only function if the pilot has

"I use a rudder controller"

turned ON at the Settings Screen of FSFlyingSchool.

Please try it with it ON and OFF and let me know what results you get.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13461
Posted Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:13:15 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi gfxdsnr427:

Results are coming in...

>> I just tried using the default Carenado A36 Bonanza (no default 172 in P3D v4) and the elevators, rudders, and flaps were all unrecognized. Only ailerons were recognized.

So long as the pilot has

"I use a rudder controller"

turned ON at the Settings Screen of FSFlyingSchool, we get confirmation from the instructor on the rudder, ailerons and elevator.

The flaps are an issue because...

...the aircraft data in the publisher's file is not in the standard format used with P3D and this leads to FSFlyingSchool not getting any flaps data.
As a side note - this can be seen at the aircraft screen of FSFlyingSchool where the stall speeds can be seen to have been read, but the flap positions are speeds are all blank.

If the file is modified so that the data is in the standard format... the flaps are read fine and the pilot gets confirmation of all checks.

We are looking at writing logic to handle the incoming data even if it is in this non-standard format.

Regardless, the pilot can immediately make an FSU file for the plane with all the needed values and that will also mean that pilot gets confirmation of all checks.

Post #13462
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2018 11:14:32 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Thursday, December 30, 2021 10:09:53 PM
I totally forgot about the tick box with "I use rudders"...now checked.

However the A2A C182 still did not recognize the rudder check, nor the flaps check.

The default Beach Baron 58 worked fully so I know the Logitech Ex 3D Pro Flight Stick's "twist" motion works. I was beginning to think I needed to upgrade my flight stick, but I guess that's not the case

The Carenado A36 still only recognized the elevators... nothing else.

These issues may be intermittent, which are the worst, but I do think they sometimes work and sometimes don't. It may be due to the fact that the sometimes the instructor is talking while I am checking and "forgets" to mention the check after he is done talking about something else.

If I learn anything more I'll update.

Thanks

Post #13463
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2018 3:50:31 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 3:50:18 AM
Where is the option to indicate "I use a rudder controller"? I cannot see this on the settings page.
Post #13464
Posted Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:39:31 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

>> Where is the option to indicate "I use a rudder controller"? I cannot see this on the settings page.

My correction - it is not the settings screen - it is the pilots screen.

In this forum topic we are dealing with X-Plane and with P3D and the rudder controller setting is in FSFlyingSchool PRO 2018 for P3Dv4 and not FSFlyingSchool 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10.

It is entirely possible that the instructor will say nothing about a check if it is done when the instructor is talking about something else.

Post #13465
Posted Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:48:13 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 3:50:18 AM
Ok. Thanks. I'm using XP, so that is why I don't see this option.

Mostly, the flaps check fails to register while using the Airfillabs C172.

Scott
Post #13466
Posted Friday, August 17, 2018 1:48:06 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi IE:

FSFlyingSchool 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10 supports the X-Plane c172 and the Carenado c172 and with the last version published just over a week ago we now support the X-Plane 11 c172 upgraded with the highly acclaimed Simcoders Reality Expansion Pack for c172.

FSFlyingSchool 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10 does not officially support AirFoilLabs planes.

This is simply because we cannot yet say that FSFlyingSchool functions fully correctly with them.

We hope to soon add (or confirm) automatic support for their c172 for X-Plane 11.

TO ALL READERS: Good news - I recommend that you simply download our free demo, which has no time limit, and take as long as you want to try out any planes you want to fly with FSFlyingSchool 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10.

X-Plane
http://www.fsflyingschool.com/Demo-X-Plane.asp

P3D
http://www.fsflyingschool.com/demo-p37.asp

FSX
http://www.fsflyingschool.com/demo.asp

If you are fully satisfied with the experience, then your may wish to consider a purchase.

Post #13467
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:23am