FSFlyingSchool 2017 xp11.20r4 - fsu files not working for some aircraft - fsfs aircraft folder has no files initially?

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FSFlyingSchool 2017 xp11.20r4 - fsu files not... Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, December 17, 2021 11:00:18 AM
Im running fsflyingschool 5.3 and i'm trying to get some aircraft to work..

Before messing with fsr / fsu files.. i went to the aircraft folder for fsflyingschool and noticed there were no files.. is this normal?

Secondarily..

I tried creating an fsu file for the Carenado PC-12 aircraft (xp folder name is "Carenado PC 12", though when you click connect it references the aircraft id number N3486)..
It fails to find the file.

However, my old fsu file for the vflyteair sr22 is working with strictly the folder name.

I also tried an fsr file from this thread (though very old, 2006), i just assumed the data should still work.. no luck there either..

What am I missing here.

Thanks in advance

Tech, the Universe, Everything: http://tech-stew.com
Post #13362
Posted Saturday, May 12, 2018 9:43:10 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, December 17, 2021 11:00:18 AM
I went ahead and upgraded to 2018..

The aircraft folder does have a bunch of files now...

However, the same problem persists.. with one exception..

I took the fsr file from the forum post from 2016 and if i rename it xpN3486.fsr it then connects.. naming it xpCarenado PC12.fsr or xpCarenado PC12 N3486.fsr doesnt work (putting underscores doesnt help either)..

So for now, at least with this livery of the PC12 it is working with the xpN3486.fsr file at least.. is there a newer forum post with newer fsr files?

EDIT: another livery for example, same aircraft requires this name unlike the last one: xpCarenado PC12 HB-FCL.fsr

Tech, the Universe, Everything: http://tech-stew.com
Post #13363
Posted Sunday, May 13, 2018 3:10:24 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi theskyisthelimit99:

Unfortunately some aircraft data, passed from the published plane to X-Plane and on to FSFlyingSchool, requires that the user create a file which is based on the specific livery of the plane rather than the folder name.

These are exceptions - they are not generally the case.

The name of the plane that FSFlyingSchool is reading is always shown at the Log Book screen of FSFlyingSchool when it disconnects because:

(a) It does not automatically support the plane
AND
(b) There is no additional .FSU file for the plane

If the pilot then makes an .FSU file with that name with the prefix "xp" and saves the file to the FSFlyingSchool aircraft folder - the aircraft will be supported next time the pilot presses 'connect' in FSFlyingSchool 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10.

Example:

FSFlyingSchool disconnects and says it does not support SopwithCamelN9209JGreen

then the user needs to create the file

xpSopwithCamelN9209JGreen.fsu

and fill it with the data required for the plane as described in the FSFlyingSchool 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10 manual (this takes about 2 or 3 minutes)

and place it into the FSFlyingSchool aircraft folder.

>> is there a newer forum post with newer fsr files?

The newest files for FSFlyingSchool 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10 are all installed on the PC when it is installed.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13364
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:14am