Logbook Problem

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Logbook Problem Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, August 07, 2017 2:34:15 PM
Hi,

I've been enjoying using FSFlyingSchool Pro 2016 for P3Dv3 - posted some shots on Twitter - @jorico.

On my last flight I noticed a small problem.
The flight ended OK, the details and my score appeared in the Log Book tab and I saved the map, but there was nothing recorded in either the Traditional or Full Pilot Log Books.

I opened the Traditional Log Book in Notepad and noticed that the data had been added to the line with the previous flight. I pressed Return and it was fixed.

But there was nothing recorded in the Full Pilot Log Book relating to the flight I had just done. The .htm file shows in Windows that it was last modified at the time my flight ended.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Post #12964
Posted Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:15:39 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi Jorico:

Great to hear you are enjoying FSFlyingSchool!

Glad to help.

Is this common - how many flights have you flown without a log book problem?

Were there different circumstances this time? Were you logged in as a different Windows user?

Did you change how the flight ends at the Flight Plan screen of FSFlyingSchool?

Anything else different?

Any errors reported on the screen?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12965
Posted Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:01:46 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks for the reply.

This was my 14th flight using this version of FSFS - all others were recorded in both the Traditional and Full log books.

Only thing different I can think of was this was my first use of Active Sky 2016 and Active Sky Cloud Art.

I've just run a couple of test flights without opening Active Sky, starting on a runway, taking-off then landing (badly!) on the same runway, advancing the FSFS flight modes quickly. Same problem - both flights recorded in the Traditional, nothing in the Full (but the .htm file is reporting Date Modified as the time the flight ended). No error messages, the flight data is reported in the Last Flight Flown box on the Log Book tab in FSFS.

It appears that FSFS is attempting to write to the .htm file. These are the last lines in the .htm file. Does this look correct?

Flight included the following problems:
  • Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.

• Dangerous taxiing turns - these cause discomfort and stress.

• Late rotation - when Vr is reached - take off.

Definite room for improvement...

Post #12971
Posted Thursday, May 18, 2017 12:21:22 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Jorico:

This is very puzzling and running another FS add-on certainly should make no difference, but of course we need to note all possible factors. The next step will involve files and screen shots which are best sent to support@FSFlyingSchool.com

Please fly one of your test fights (of at least 30 seconds so you get a score) and then, when the flight has ended and the instructor has said "OK - We're starting a new flight.", take a screen shot of the last lines displayed on the Log Book screen (scroll to the bottom) in FSFlyingSchool showing the results and send it in an email to the address above.

Please also attach (to the email to us) these files from the PilotRoster folder of FSFlyingSchool...

(name of your pilot).htm
(name of your pilot).dat

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12973
Posted Saturday, May 20, 2017 8:23:16 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks, I think I've worked it out. Full logbook was working fine on test flights on a new profile.

When I compared the end of the Full Logbook of the new profile with my normal one, I noticed a difference at the end of the file.

My normal one ended with ([/ul]Definite room for improvement...[br][br][hrx][br]), whilst the new ended with ([/ul]Definite room for improvement...[/body][/html]).
[Square brackets and hrx used above instead of <> and hr to show the HTML]

I edited the normal to match the new, ran a test flight and it worked fine. I must have deleted a flight I didn't want previously, not done it correctly and forgotten about it!
Post #12977
Posted Sunday, May 21, 2017 7:03:55 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

>> I must have deleted a flight I didn't want previously, not done it correctly and forgotten about it!

Glad you have found what caused it.

Have a great week of flights!

Post #12978
Posted Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:47:19 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 8:15:37 AM
I have the same issue with the logs and I don't know what's wrong

-I start FSX SE
-I load a flight so I am in the cockpit.
-I connect FSFlyingschool. It says it's connected.
-I fly some. FSFlyingschool is working and the instructor makes comments and such.
-I Land the aircraft (lousy but that doesn't matter)
-I can see the the landing score and such in the Log Book tab
-I shut down the aircraft and put on the parking brakes.
-I disconnect FSFlyingschool
-I save&View Google Map of Flight.

The situation is:
-I can see the flight on the google map
-When I select View All Flight maps I get the list with all the maps including the one just flown.
-I don't see the flight in the traditional logbook
-I don't see the flight in the Full Pilot Logbook.

I tried to create an entirely new Pilot and do a test run with that. Same result. Only difference is that I now get the message for the traditional logbook and full log book that 'The Pilot has nog logged flights'.

The last lines in the LogBook tab for the flight are:

* Touch down not aligned with the runway - let's point down the runway.
* Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.
Definite room for improvement...

I am a registered user and use version 10.2.0.

Please help
Post #12982
Posted Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:39:01 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi D1967:

I understand what you've reported - it is almost certainly due to FSFlyingSchool not considering the flights to have 'ended'.

In almost every case, this is because the pilot has changed the settings at the Flight Plan screen of FSFlyingSchool so that the flight no longer ends when the pilot slows to taxiing speed or stops.

When the flight ends, the instructor says "OK- we're starting a new flight!" If you do not hear this - the flight has not ended and you will get no entry in either of the log books.

You mentioned:

>> -I shut down the aircraft and put on the parking brakes.

The manual mentions:

"In some aircraft, cutting off the fuel is difficult to achieve using the mouse with the on-screen aircraft controls, such as fuel mixture or jet fuel cut off, and so you may need to use Flight Simulator’s standard Ctrl+Shift+F1 to cut off the engine(s)."

I recommend that you try that and let me know how you get on.

Also - to save time - what setting have you used at the Flight Plan screen to indicate when the flight ends?

Finally - change the setting to end the flight when "stopped or taxiing" and fly a couple of short flights (at least 30 seconds) and let me know what occurs (you should see entries in the log book).

Post #12985
Posted Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:21:43 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 8:15:37 AM
Thanks for the help Jeff.

I did not realise it but indeed I did not hear an 'OK- we're starting a new flight'.

I also forgot that I changed the setting at the Flight Plan screen to end a flight when brake set & engine off. This seemed a more realistic setting to me. As it seems FSFlyingschool does not recognise an engine stop when I use the normal checklist for the A2A J3. I have reset the setting to 'and brake set'.

And hurrah Mr Smits understand me again and starts a new flight and the log book is filled again

I will think about using Ctrl-Shift-F1 or leave the setting at 'and Brake set'. Or perhaps experiment some more with the J3 to see what does work.

Problem solved. Thanks for the quick response Jeff!

Post #12988
Posted Sunday, June 04, 2017 12:30:49 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Monday, June 05, 2017 3:18:11 AM
Hello,

I have XPlane 11 and I just bought, install and tested FSFlyingSchool for XPlane with the voice package. I use the default Cessna 172.

There are a few problems:

-- I cannot manage to have the logbook work. Even though I can save and display all my Flight Maps analyses, nothing gets in the logbook.

My setting is "End Flight when Stopped and Brake set & Eng(s) off". When I shutdown my plane (stop engine set brake), I get no message.

-- I noticed that the flight plan tab contains Transition Alt: 15000, V1=0, Vr=0 and V2=0. Is that normal? What should I enter?

-- I noticed that in FSFLyingSchool "Aircraft" directory, there is no Cessna 172.

-- even though I did register the voice pack, nothing happens when I click the "View Windows Speech Settings" and the "status" is empty.

Is there something wrong with my installtion?
thanks
Max
Post #12999
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:01pm