FSFS 2017 features vs FSFS216 + ProPack+Weather Tutor

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FSFS 2017 features vs FSFS216 +... Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:40:47 PM
Hi Jeff,

I have 2016 and fairly recently added both Pro and Weather. Love it all. Understand and respect that 2016 is licensed for XP10 only.

I've read website and tried demo of 2017 but can't discern any feature differences for me since I have the 2 packs now included. I still have XP10 installed and bought 11 early so even have digital license for XP10 in addition to my original so I can do all my instructed flying there as an option so as not to violate license.

Can you tell my beyond additionally supporting your excellent product's development, what I am gaining beyond a license to use with XP11? Like most I have to make decisions where I put my limited FlightSim$$ (even more so since I just retired :ermm. Look forward to hearing back.

Thanks!

Post #12979
Posted Monday, May 22, 2017 4:39:04 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi D57:

FSFlyingSchool 2017 for X-Plane 11 and 10 is of course designed to work with XP11, whereas FSFlyingSchool 2016 for X-Plane 10 is not.

So - you can depend on it working without problems and expect our full support.

It also contains Enhanced Instructor Awareness v2.

We have once again made several incremental improvements to FSFlyingSchool, including new areas requiring the pilot's attention.
Mr Smith, the chief instructor, is looking at each pilot's performance in even greater detail with the arrival of FSFlyingSchool 2017.

Here are some of the enhancements:

- Mr Smith has always advised that your flight controls be checked before flights. In addition, he will now expect you to specifically check the free and correct function of your elevator, ailerons and rudder.
- Your instructor will advise you that if your aircraft has been stored for a long time you need to check for damage or obstructions caused by insects and birds.
- In cold weather, Mr Smith will remind you that frost on the wings can prevent the aircraft from becoming airborne.
- Shortly after entering cruise mode, you'll hear comments from Mr Smith on your success or failure in checking your elevator, ailerons and rudder before take off. Let's develop good habits.
- If you're in the kind of aircraft that has a 'run-up' procedure, Mr Smith will point that out and expect it to be done before take off. You'll be hearing from him later if you don't.
- Mr Smith will remind you to fully extend and retract your flaps before take off to check their correct function. You'll hear his feedback on this so let's get it done.
- You'll be reminded, when climbing on warm days, that steep climbs can lead to overheating - so be careful out there.
- Familiar with displaced thresholds? Mr Smith will remind you to land beyond any red lights preceeding the runway.
- Even without lights you'll be told to land beyond the displaced threshold. Mr Smith can see it - can you?
- You'll get timely advice about taxiway edge lighting (blue), runway edge and center line lights (white), red lights marking the far end of the runway and green lights across runway indicating its start.
- And more...!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12980
Posted Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:24:17 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:40:47 PM
Thanks Jeff,

Is this the full planned feature set for 2017 or do you plan any updates and/or add-ons for this version?
Post #12981
Posted Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:27:30 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi D57:

We will certainly publish add-ons for FSFlyingSchool 2017 for X-Plane 11 and 10 and will also include free items when new incremental versions of the same product are published. For example, the next version (next update) will be something like "5.1.0" and that will contain some free extras, in addition to potentially containing a free demo of an add-on.

This is the way FSFlyingSchool has been published for 10 years - we often add free bits when we publish and we always give the pilot the means to try things out for free in demo form first before buying the main product, or buying an upgrade to the next product, or buying an add-on for the product.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12984
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:52pm