Instant Approach Issues

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Instant Approach Issues Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:55:20 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 11, 2015 10:55:19 AM
Hello. I've recently purchased (and enjoying) FSFS-Pro 2015. I have a couple of issues that I can't seem to figure out.
1) I set up the approach for KMRY airport to RWY 10L. This rwy does not have a LOC. However, the instructor AND Nav1 think that I'm attempting to land on RWY 10R...which DOES have a LOC. The instructor does not recognize 10L until just before touchdown. If I load the approach to 10R everything seems to be in order. Am I doing something wrong that makes Mr. Smith think I'm landing on 10R instead of 10L?

2) Let's keep this at the same airport..."KMRY". I land on my runway and wish to simply repeat/practice the exact same approach with the exact same parameters. Is there any way to simply "RESET" the approach without disconnecting and reconnecting? (I have tried "shift+L" as suggested by another user in a different thread.)

Thanks in advance for a prompt response.
Post #12344
Posted Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:58:49 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

I'm sorry...I neglected to inform you that I'm running on Windows7-64, FSX/Accelerator. Both FSX and FSFS are loaded on the same SSD in their own folders at the root of the drive...(not in "Program Files").
Post #12345
Posted Friday, September 11, 2015 3:23:19 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi 14T:

Glad to help!

Question 1 -

I just flew the approach in a c172 and it all worked fine, so I can only imagine that either you have the ILS for 10R set on your NAV1 radio, in which case this has precedence over a visual approach - the instructor will expect you to fly that ILS approach regardless of how you may have used the approach features of FSFS to set up the aircraft in the airspace.

Or... less likely... it could be the case that you have the plane very much pointing at 10R whilst flying the approach in which case the instructor will think that is where you are going. I don't think this is the case - I am pretty sure that the NAV1 radio is tuned to 10R.

Note that FSFS will of course set the NAV1 radio for you automatically if you choose that as an option, but it will not do this for 10L as there is no ILS or LOC. This of course also means that if it was previously set to an ILS or LOC, it will not be 'cleared' as it were - that is - set to 'nothing' simply because the pilot is flying to a runway which has no ILS or LOC.

If you want to fly a visual approach in FSFS, regardless of whether the approach set up feature is used or not, the pilot must make sure that no ILS or LOC is currently being received on NAV1. (As you can imagine, this is explained in the manual).

Question 2 -

Here's the big picture...

FSIA PRO introduced a feature to reset the approach, to fly again immediately, by switching the panel lights off then on, which you can do on most aircraft using SHIFT L to toggle the lights OFF then ON.

FSIA PRO 2015 then added a feature to simply specify that the approach be flown again automatically once the plane slows to a crawl.

FSFlyingSchool PRO 2015 then added the automatic reset option of FSIA PRO 2015 in its optional 'Approach Builder' pack. In this case it is triggered 'when the flight ends', which is controlled by options the pilot chooses.

So... you CAN do it (automatically) in FSFlyingSchool PRO 2015, but only with the addition of its optional 'Approach Builder' pack.

I hope that all helps!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12348
Posted Friday, September 11, 2015 11:04:11 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thank you for the clarification on both issues. You were right about Nav1 still being "dialed in" from a previous ILS landing on 10R. My mistake or oversight.
Thanks again.
Post #12350
Posted Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:32:45 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi 14T:

Glad to help!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12353
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:40pm